- January 2018 – The Wanda Alston Foundation is honored by Brother Help Thyself, Inc with the “Founders Award” for an outstanding record of support to the LGBTQ Community.
- April 2018 – The Wanda Alston Foundation is selected for a year-long Fair Chance Praxis Partnership. Fair Chance provides nonprofits with individually tailored services aimed at improving their capacity and strengthening their sustainability, impact, and success. Their services are provided by professional capacity builders with extensive skills and experience in the nonprofit sector. http://www.fairchancedc.org/
- May 2018 – HRC and the University of Connecticut released the largest-of-its kind survey of more than 12,000 LGBTQ teens across the nation. The findings underscore the urgency of supporting LGBTQ youth in their daily lives, particularly at home, in school and in their communities. hrc.im/YouthReport
- May 2018 – The Wanda Alston Foundation is recognized for its outstanding contributions to the Transgender Community by “We The People”.
- June 2018 – Executive Director, June Crenshaw, and other Wanda Alston Foundation staff participated in Capital Pride and DC Front Runner’s Pride Run 5K and was the recipient of a $2,500 donations from DC Front Runner’s.
- June 2018 – Kelley Drye Law Firm honors Wanda Alston Foundation and Ms. June Crenshaw, Executive Director of The Wanda Alston Foundation and a longtime civil rights leader at their DC Pride Reception.
- July 2018 – Washington Blade Article spot lightning homelessness and the Wanda Alston Foundation: http://www.washingtonblade.com/2018/06/28/spotlighting-lgbt-homelessness-alston-house-celebrates-a-decade-in-operation/
- October 2018 – Photos from WAF10 Gala | Washington Blade
“Cherry Fund Raises Largest Cash Haul in Recent Years”
Metro Weekly. July 7, 2015.
“Alston Foundation Receives IRS Tax-Exempt Status”
The Washington Blade. July 9, 2014.
“Wanda Alston Foundation Gains Charitable Organization Status”
Metro Weekly. July 8, 2014.
“Alston House, Code for Progress, Help Trans Woman Thrive”
The Washington Blade. May 18, 2014.
“Council Approves Bill to Aid Homeless Youth”
The Washington Blade. February 12, 2014.